Monday, May 24, 2010

I Still Need Him.

Glory to God.

He's good. But dang, this past week was crazy.

In these past seven days, God has reminded me of my powerful insecurities, My weak confidence, and of my vulnerable and confused emotions. I've struggled with these things for so many years-- but God's constant, huge work in my life has almost made me feel no longer prey to them.

Well, last week totally shook me up! I guess God used that time to remind me that I am still in constant need of Him- that I, from the inside out, am still completely dependent on His grace and peace for survival-- and always will be. Even after all He has done in my life, I must not forget that without His strong arm supporting me, I would certainly fall, becoming a puddle of wreckage.

God's work in our lives doesn't lead to self-independence, but to a further realization of the need of dependence--strictly on Him.

But, of course, with these reminders of my frailty, has also come reminders of God's strength. Oh how safe I am in His arms!

This past week has simply reminded me that He's not finished with me yet... and THANK GOD, He never will be.

God, take these wounds-- and use them for your glory.. and remove their sting according to YOUR will and YOUR clock. Grant me patience.

You are all I need.-- may I believe it! God, grant me faith.


Dang, this peace is beyond words. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Tyler,
    Just thought I'd let you know I'm praying for you. Praise the Lord for His peace, too! Keep walking in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Tyler. =) I love reading these. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! It worked! =D This makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that its not about us! I'm so glad all we have to do is DEPEND on GOD. How wonderful! I love you, boy... a LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "God's work in our lives doesn't lead to self-independence, but to a further realization of the need of dependence--strictly on Him." Tyler, that is such a wise statement, and it jabs right at the core of my pride. Thanks for the reminder! Mind if I quote you on my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tali, I love how you posted the quote on your blog before I responded, giving you permission... No problem, sis! I'm honored.

    It's great to hear that God has blessed you through what He's been teaching me. It's an amazing Father that we have!!

    ReplyDelete